Monday, March 18, 2013

Manic Monday!

I don't really know why I feel like I need a theme for every day... makes it more fun I guess!



I've decided to make Monday my opinion day! It will be when I decide to bust out with unsolicited advice! 

Why why WHY do so many plus size "designers" hate us?! So many companies make such HORRIBLE horrible things for the plus size girl!! More often than not you see super fitted dresses in the plus size section on websites. And yes, it may look absolutely phenomenal on their "plus size" model... but my God. I shudder to think how it would look on me. I've been tricked A LOT! Like this dress is just GORGEOUS but I think that on the wrong size... no. 


On me, that would just be atrocious. And honestly it makes me sad! I want a cute dress like that! All it would take is a fuller skirt and some body consideration! There really isn't any reason big girls can't look amazing and spend tons of money too!

But there is a flip side to this everything being fitted coin... So often things are baggy and shapeless. That's no good either! We want to show off our assets and curves just as much as the next girl! I mean really! We've got more assets and curves than the average skinny girl so why shouldn't we show em off?!



Look at how that makes her look 2 sizes bigger and hides everything good! Not a good time!

Now... I'm not saying we all need to run around dressed like this...
but how cute does she look?! and i'm not afraid to admit i have this dress in 2 colors...
But there has to be some sort of middle ground! All this shapeless chiffon stuff! Would be good with a good pair of skinny jeans or a nice fitted pencil skirt, if you've got the figure for it, but... sigh. That's never how they set it up. 

My opinion? Every plus size company should have a gaggle of plus size consultants on staff for whenever a new line comes out!



No comments:

Post a Comment