Friday, March 15, 2013

sometimes life just makes you wonder

Ok. This post has absolutely nothing to do with fashion, and very little to do with being a big girl. Its just something on my mind so I thought I'd share!

I've always had zero interest in having children. They're noisy and smelly and obnoxious and they make you old. Thats at least how I see it anyway ;)
I always saw it as a blessing that I didn't want kids. With pcos it is REALLY hard to ever get pregnant and I was like well that's the one thing that's ok! It would really suck if I wanted any kids! Thank God I don't! of course, since it was discovered that I have pcos there have been A LOT of advances in treatmenst so it really isn't as big of an issue as it used to be.

I always looked at kids kind of something that ended your life really. I love adventure and being able to whisk off if I want to. How are you going to travel to NYC with a kid?! And good Lord! Disneyland! When you have a kid at Disneyland you have to do what they want! No more Space Mountain! No more Matterhorn! Just Dumbo. .. and Snow White.

I've never even really ever wanted to get married. I think the way I view marriage is more typical of a guys point of view. I have never been opposed to being with someone forever. I just don't think that kind of everlasting love and adoration and tolerance is something that comes a long for everyone. I cant even commit to a pair of shoes for more than a couple months... how am I supposed to pick someone to be with for the rest of my life?!

And don't get me wrong! I have always thought I would look just adorable pushing a vintage style pram with my high heels and an adorable baby in a cute little dress and Baby Dior Mary Janes... but you shouldn't have a kid just as an accessory right?!
And I absolutely love it when my friends have kids! Kids are the best people to shop for! The clothes are adorable and they never complain that they don't like it!

This was all until my good friend Elizabeth over at Pirates Prerogative had her baby...

I've known Elizabeth and her husband Joe FOREVER! I remember when they started dating, when they got engaged, their wedding... heck I would hope so since I was in it! Their relationship is the only relationship I have ever seen that was legit. They were absolutely totally an completely made for each other. They're both completely awesome, so I don't know why I was so surprised they made an awesome little munchkin!

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's that he's just such an adorable little gremlin, or the way he looks at Elizabeth with so much love. And hearing about him learning things and talking and saying "RAWR" when she asks him what a dinosaur says. Or just maybe it's just how now they've made a complete and total loving and happy family. 

It's kind of made me start questioning the things I want out of life. Maybe I do someday want to settle down. Maybe I do want to find what they have... maybe a kid is something more than an adorable accessory and another person to shop for...

Thanks a lot Elizabeth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment