Friday, February 15, 2013

An awesome new face on the plus size scene!



Ok. Lets face it. I'm not exactly the most business casual, jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. I honestly don't even own a pair of jeans! Why you ask? I look absolutely terrible in them! I wear a skirt every day. Honestly its just a lot more comfortable for me anyway. People are constantly asking me why I'm so dressed up. Even when I feel like I look like a schlub. The reasons are simple. 1- its a lot easier and more comfy! 2- why would anyone want to go around looking like a bum if they don't have to?
I know being a bigger girl its not always easy to find amazing, cute, comfy & stylish clothes. Lord knows I've looked high and low without finding anything! Until recently! I started making all of my own skirts about 2 years ago. It was just easier than trying to find anything that I liked and actually fit me well. So uusually, I'm only ever on the hunt for cute tops and sweaters and such... buuuuut!

This brings us to a fantastic designer that just started making plus size clothing! Jessica Louise! I've always loved the super adorable, pretty kitschy, very original stuff she's done in the past, but it was always just a liiiiiittle too small for me. The shirts anyway. I've been known to squeeze my big girl frame into little girl shirts from time to time! You can imagine how incredibly ecstatic I was when a friend of mine told me she was doing a plus size line. I haven't been able to order anything yet, but I have DEFINITELY fallen very madly in love! I go up to Hollywood very frequently and I am absolutely dying to go by her shop in downtown LA. For me, her prices are a little on the higher side, which I love and hate. I love that a legit designer is finally doing something for plus size, but I'm not used to loving a $58 shirt! Usually I totally cheap out on clothing so I can put that money towards important things! Like Chanel sunglasses and Betsey Johnson shoes! I think this Jessica Louise is going to be trouble for me. And I like it.
These are just a couple of my favorites from her new plus size line!


I am absolutely OBSESSED with this!!

this seriously needs to be mine! I don't think you're ever too old for pink or hoodie ears! especially if the ears are leopard!


I'm sad this one isn't pictured on a fuller model, but goodness gracious is it ever ADORABLE!!


she also has some VERY fantastic accessories!

can anyone here tell I love polka dots?!

So, this first fashion post has definitely focused more on my edgy tastes. I don't think anyone needs any set style. If you like something... buy it! Make it work for you. No one person is the same (I mean seriously how many times have we all heard that?!) but no one set style works for any one person! Nothing wrong with mixing a little of this and a little of that! And personally.... I am a print addict. Don't be afraid of spots and stripes. It's basically what our flag is, and everyone is ok with that right?!

 *All images taken from jessicalouise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment