Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wait... what?! Stilettos aren't just for your feet?!

I keep hearing all of this nonsense about stiletto nails! And how we have Rihanna to thank for them and Lady GaGa. .. hmmmm...

Really?

I just wanted to take a second to point out that this nail shape goes back waaaay before Rihanna! To me, as a manicurists, I've just always known this shape as the Jean Harlow shape! Can't imagine why I'd get stuck on that one!

But lets take a little stroll down Golden Hollywood Memory Lane for just a second!


The ever luminescent Jean Harlow 
Norma Shearer


A very young Joan Crawford
I think the most important thing in fashion and style to remember is... everything new is old! Its so funny to see things pop back up every 20 years. If you think about the nails it makes sense! 30s, 50s, 70s, 90s, now!

So keep in mind, if you ever want to call a trend, look to 20 years ago! I love everything art deco, so Im just loving life and stocking up on everything deco!

and *my* Jean Harlow nails ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment